Sunday, February 01, 2009

Keeping Reading Lists

For as long as I can remember, I've enjoyed reading. When I would finish one book, I would pick up another. I also consider myself to be fairly particular about organization. Which is why I was very surprised that I never thought to keep a list of things that I had read until I saw my brother-in-law's reading list a couple of years ago. I have now kept a reading list for two years.

It's interesting to look back over them. For example, in 2007, judging from the first half of the year, I was on track to read almost 50 books—but then my reading dropped. Something about a wedding that I was in ;-) The same thing happened last year. At the beginning of the year, I read at least 3 books a month and around April the reading dropped again. That was about the time I started regularly blogging.

This year the same beginning trend is occurring. There have been 5 full weeks and I have read 5 books. I'm on track to keep it going for at least the next 2 weeks. I make no predictions for the rest of the year however. I'll just see what life brings as the year goes on.

Edit: Added link to 2007 reading list (forward reference)

No comments: